LAST UPDATED: March 1, 2018
Table of Content:
- Scope of This Privacy Statement
- The Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Cookies and Other Technology
- Your Rights and Choices
- Social Media, Public Forums and Links to Other Websites
- Children’s Online Privacy
- Data Transfers and Privacy Shield Frameworks
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
- How to Contact Us
Scope of This Privacy Statement
Interactive Powers LLC and its aﬃliated companies and subsidiaries (collectively, “IntPowers”) respect your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to personal information collected by IntPowers through the ivrpowers.com website, and other websites which we operate and on which we post a direct link to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may not apply to open source project websites sponsored by IntPowers. Such project websites may have their own privacy statements, which we encourage you to review. Please also note that co-branded websites (websites where IntPowers presents content together with one or more of our business partners) may be governed by additional or diﬀerent privacy statements. Please refer to the privacy statement on those websites for more information about applicable privacy practices. IntPowers’ obligations with respect to personal information that may be held on behalf of customers in connection with cloud services IntPowers provides, such as personal information stored by customers using our US Store oﬀering, are deﬁned in our agreements with our customers and are not governed by this Privacy Statement.
The Personal Information We Collect
IntPowers collects personal information directly from you when you interact with us through our websites, including, without limitation, when you:
- Create a user account (individual or corporate);
- Make online purchases or register products;
- Request support;
- Register for a webcast or other event;
- Request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers);
- Participate in surveys or evaluations;
- Participate in promotions, contests, or giveaways;
- Apply for employment;
- Submit questions or comments; or
- Submit content or posts on our customer portal pages or other interactive webpages. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the types of personal information collected directly from you may include, without limitation:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address and language;
- Information that IntPowers maintains in association with your account, such as your username, password, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status and support inquiries; and
- Information contained in your job inquiries or applications, such as resume, cover letter, age, education, professional history and contact details.
We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and response to our emails through the use of various technologies. Collecting information in this manner allows us to analyze the eﬀectiveness of our websites and our marketing eﬀorts, personalize your experience and improve our interactions with you. For more information about the technologies we employ for these purposes, see the “Cookies and Other Technologies” section below. We may also supplement the personal information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties, including our business partners. We do this to help us improve the overall accuracy of the information and its completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
How We Use Your Personal Information
IntPowers uses personal information in an eﬀort to enhance your experience on our websites. In addition, we may use personal information we collect about you to:
- Fulﬁll Your Requests. If you request something from IntPowers, such as a product or service, a call back, or speciﬁc marketing or other materials, we may use the personal information you provide to respond your request. We or our representatives may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
- Provide You with Information About Our Products, Services and Events. IntPowers may use your personal information to notify you about product and service oﬀerings as well as events that we believe may be of interest to you. IntPowers also may use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other speciﬁc requests.
- Provide Support and Customer Service. We may use your personal information to provide support for products or services you have obtained from us and answer other questions. In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your systems. This data may contain information about you, or your organization’s business, employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. This Privacy Statement does not apply to our access to or handling of this information. The conditions regarding the handling and processing of that data is covered by the applicable agreement between you and IntPowers, such as our Enterprise Agreement.
- Process Your Job Application. When you apply for a position at IntPowers, we use the personal information you provide, such as information in your resume and cover letter, for the purpose of assessing your application, considering you for future positions and carrying out human resources functions in accordance with applicable law. We will not use your personal information in a manner that is inconsistent with the purpose of its original collection, unless you have consented.
How We Share Your Personal Information
IntPowers will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others without your consent. IntPowers shares personal information in the following ways:
- IntPowers may share personal information with business partners and service providers in order to support our business operations, such as (but not limited to) fulﬁlling your orders, following up on requests, providing support and assisting IntPowers with sales, marketing and communication initiatives. These business partners and service providers include, for example, distributors, resellers, payment processors, ﬁnancial institutions, materials production and shipping companies, postal or government authorities and information technology service providers. Business partners and service providers are required by contract to keep the information received on behalf of IntPowers conﬁdential and secure and not use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided to them.
- IntPowers may share personal information as required by law or legal process, such as responding to a duly authorized and lawful request of a police or public authority (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), to enforce or protect the rights of IntPowers, when such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or ﬁnancial loss as permitted by applicable law, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- IntPowers may also share personal information in the context of a business transaction involving part or all of IntPowers, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is IntPowers’ practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. Following such a business transaction, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the use of that information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you do not want your information to be stored by cookies, you can conﬁgure your browser so that it always rejects these cookies or asks you each time whether you want to accept them or not. However, you must understand that choosing to reject cookies may reduce the performance and functionality of our websites. Your browser documentation includes precise instructions explaining how to deﬁne the acceptance of cookies. While IntPowers websites at this time generally do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser.
IntPowers also uses web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about usage of our websites and interaction with emails from IntPowers. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your device, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the web beacon. For example, IntPowers may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify IntPowers when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. IntPowers uses web beacons to operate and improve our websites and email communications.
Your Rights and Choices
In accordance with the laws of certain countries, you may have certain rights and choices regarding the personal information we collect and maintain about you, and how we communicate with you.
IntPowers gives you the ability to access, modify, or update some of your personal information online at any time. You may log in and make changes to your information, such as your password, your contact information, your general preferences, and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us via our Feedback Form and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided. However, note that changing or deleting information necessary for IntPowers to assist with support, services, and purchases may result in a delay or interruption in processing your requests. You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether you would like to receive information, special oﬀers, and promotional materials by email from IntPowers or our business partners when you create a ivrpowers.com account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you a marketing email. You have the ability to opt out of receiving marketing emails from IntPowers at any time without cost by clicking on the relevant link contained in our marketing emails or by contacting us via our Feedback Form.
You can also exercise your rights and choices by contacting us as described below under “How To Contact Us.”
IntPowers intends to protect your personal information. We have implemented appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain personal information such as payment information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our business partners and service providers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Social Media, Wiki and Links to Other Websites
IntPowers may provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and interact with IntPwers on various social media websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media websites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those websites.
Our websites may make chat rooms, wiki forums, blogs, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Remember that your comments and posts become publicly available, and we urge you to exercise discretion when submitting such content. Our websites may contain links to other websites. IntPowers does not control and is not responsible for the information collected by websites that can be reached through links from our websites. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked websites, please contact the organizations that operate those websites directly.
Children’s Online Privacy
IntPowers’s products and services are not directed to children and IntPowers does not knowingly collect online personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 13 and believe that he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us via our Feedback Form or as
described below under “How To Contact Us.”
Data Transfers and Privacy Shield Frameworks
IntPowers is a global organization, with legal entities, business processes, and technical systems that operate across borders. IntPowers may transfer your personal information to other IntPowers entities in the United States and elsewhere. The United States and other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country from which you initially provided the information. By accessing IntPowers websites, registering for an account or service, or otherwise providing IntPowers with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information. When transferring your personal information internationally, IntPowers will protect your personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, IntPowers and its controlled United States subsidiaries have certiﬁed to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks for the transfer of Personal Information from the EEA and Switzerland to the United States, as described in our Privacy Shield Privacy Notice. To learn more about the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks and to view our certiﬁcation, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
IntPowers reserves the right to make corrections, changes or amendments to this Privacy Statement at any time. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted on this website. A notice will be posted on our homepage for 30 days whenever this Privacy Statement is changed in a material way, and the date of last update will be indicated at the top of the Privacy Statement. If you do not refuse the changes in writing within that notice period, this shall mean that you have consented to the Privacy Statement as changed, including with respect to personal information provided to us prior to the changes in the Privacy Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement for any changes or updates